NEW DANCER SIGN UP
The POLANIE group is a folk dance group representing the Polish School of John Paul II. Our main purpose is to introduce the youth to traditional dances from various regions of Poland, (Lublin, Rzeszow, Krupie, Łowicz,
Cieszyn etc.) as well as modern dance (Polka dance, hip-hop, etc.). Special characteristics of the group include:
- POLANIE was formed 15 years ago and has taught many young dancers who still continue their passion for dance in the famous Polish-American teams.
- Classes are taught by professional instructors under the guidance of Sabiny and Antoniego Dobrzańskich.
- Currently, classes are conducted in three groups: the youngest (4-7 years), young (8-10 years), and the older group (11-14 years).
- The classes are held after polish school on Saturdays from: 12:00 – 2:30pm.
- We provide our own costumes (for all ages) with various Polish regions.
- Our dances occur at many school and church celebrations and jubilees.
- At the end of the school year, in August, our dancers are rewarded with a picnic and camping trip to Michigan.
- Cost is $195 per dancer, per year.
- To see if dancing is your child’s passion, you can come to one or two classes without registration or fees.
- Our dancers are members of PRCUA the Polish Roman Catholic Union of America. This organization supports our dancers by contributing an annual $40 donation per each Polish School dancer; however, purchasing insurance is mandatory. As a past member of PRCUA, children can apply for a College scholarship as well as take part in activities and celebrations such as the ”Cinderella Ball”.
- Our dance group “Polanie” volunteered to participate in the Polonia Fesival of Childrens Folkklore in Iwonicz Zdrój Poland, which will be held in July 2015. (We took part in that festival in 2009.)
Please contact Mr. Mirek Cisło 708 927-8540, or Mrs. Agnieszka Witek 630 748-9877 for more information.